We understand that sometimes your situation seems overwhelming and you need immediate help. Toronto has a wide range of supports available for you. The most important resources are listed below.
For Immediate Help
- Go to your nearest emergency room or call 911
- Call Kids Help Phone for advice in English and French : text “CONNECT” to 686868 or call 1-800-668-6868 or go to kidshelpphone for live chat counselling (up to age 20).
- Contact the Toronto Distress Centre for Online Messaging (torontodistresscentre.com) OR Text Services Text 741741 (2 pm – 2am) (13+ years) OR call 1-416-408-HELP
- Call Good2Talk (16-30 yrs) for advice in English and French at 1-866-925-5454
- Contact your family doctor
- Reach out to a trusted adult (parent/caregiver/teacher etc.,) or a friend
For Parents and Guardians
If you are a parent or legal guardian concerned about your child, call the Youthdale Crisis Support team at 416-363-9990 and get immediate access to support 24 hours a day
Mental Health Support
- Call the Gerstein Centre (16 years +) at 416-929-5200 for mental health crisis support
- Call the Anishnawbe 24/7 Mental Health Crisis Management Service for Aboriginal clients at 416-891-8606
Support for Rape Victims
- Call the Toronto Rape Crisis Centre – 416-597-8808 OR Assaulted Women’s Helpline 416-863-0511 or toll free 1-866-863-0511
- The City of Toronto operates a central service for emergency shelter. Call the Emergency Shelter Central Intake at 416-338-4766 or Toll Free 1-877-338-3398
What’s Up Walk-In Clinics
What’s Up Walk-In Clinics are located throughout the city and offer single session mental health counselling for children, youth and families (0-25 years). Walk-In Clinics help with things like anxiety, depression, sleeping or eating problems, bullying, sexual identity, managing anger, feeling alone…or anything else that’s on your mind.
TPYS partners with Skylark Children, Youth & Families and Central Toronto Youth Services at the What’s Up Walk-In Clinic located at Skylark at 65 Wellesley Street East, Suite 500 (at Church Street). Call 416-482-0081 or go to www.skylarkyouth.org or www.whatsupwalkin.ca for more information. Clinic hours are as follows:
Mondays: 2-6 pm (please arrive by 4:30)
Tuesdays: 10am -2pm (please arrive by 12:30)
Wednesdays: 12 noon-8 pm (please arrive by 6:30)
Thursdays: 2-6 pm (please arrive by 4:30)
Fridays: 9am -2pm (please arrive by 12:30)
General Information on Getting Help
- You can reach Turning Point’s Intake Coordinator at 416-925-9250 x 224
- There’s Toronto wide service that works with all the agencies and can help direct you (youth up to age 18) to the right support. It’s called Centralized Access to Residential Services (CARS). 416-482-7884
- ConnexOntario provides province-wide information and referral services for those with mental health or addiction challenges.
- Call 211 in Toronto for general information about social services in Toronto